NRF breakthrough

I was pretty frustrated again this weekend, I could not seem to get any recognizable output, then I decided that I really needed to look at what I though had been set for each value...

That was when I discovered that the "PWR_UP" bit was not getting set in my config register, guess what that one does...

Any way I went and explored that for a while and confirmed I was sending it to the chip, this debugging technique uses an (nearly) infinite loop to make the SPI readable on the 'scope. Once I confirmed that it was infact being sent, I let it off the loop in the debugger, and read it back and it had been set! So I gave it a shot to see what would happen and got this...

The down converter does some stuff and makes the signal appear on a frequency 1998MHz _below_ the on air frequency. I was using channel 8 (2408Mhz) so you are looking at the energy, I have not successfully decoded the data, but most importantly, I can turn on the signal, and I can turn off the signal :) It is definitely mine.

Now I am going to figure out how to make the SPI rock solid on the main controller to make sure I don't have to worry about things nt getting set, I am pretty sure there must be some timing things I am violating. Then take that lesson to the strip controller and get this thing done.

So close!

Subject: